California is reaching a key climate moment. Legislators are considering dozens of bills that could bolster the state’s climate ambitions, but with only a few days left in the legislative session, the oil and gas industry is pulling out all the stops to push their agenda and delay these critical climate policies.
Environmental and climate organizations are calling for bold climate action, urging legislators to:
- Put California on the path to be carbon pollution-free
- Keep oil wells away from California children
- Pass legislation to cut carbon pollution by 55%
- Get California to 100% clean energy by 2045
- Create guardrails to limit carbon capture and storage (CCS)
Now is the moment for our leaders to side with Californians over oil and gas interests. Will legislators prioritize public health and our climate or will they let oil and gas executives block progress, take us backward, and squeeze profits at our expense?
Paid for by Fund for a Better Future